Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Challenge: Summer Lovin'

I'm finally doing another theme from the Summer Challenge! The theme today is Summer Lovin'. I decided to draw from one of my favorite summer songs about love. I've already shown my love for Katy Perry on this blog before and it didn't hurt that I just saw the Katy Perry movie and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! Go see it, it's fabulous!


I remember exactly when I first heard this song. I had spent half my summer studying abroad in Rome and heard California Gurls pretty much every day. They were obsessed with it. Then I got home and went on a road trip with my best friends. They were watching VH1 in the other room and I was curling my hair in the laundry room (it was a weird house). I heard the song through the water heater vent. I was so mesmerized that I put my straightener down and went into the other room to hear the whole thing. I was in love with it.



Here are the specific lines that inspired the nails:

"I'm a get your heart racing in my skin-tight jeans be your teenage dream tonight"

"I finally found you my missing puzzle piece I'm complete"

"Let's go all the way tonight no regrets, just love we can dance, until we die you and I, will be young forever"

"We drove to Cali and got drunk on the beach"


Colors used: Julep Mila, China Glaze Orange You Hot?, Splish Splash, Man Hunt, Flirty Tankini, OPI Last Friday Night, Essence Romeo & Julia, Color Club Turn the Other Chic, Kleancolor Funky Yellow, Sally Hansen Whirlwind White, Bundle Monster Plate BM 319. If you'd like any more details, leave me a comment :)



Make sure you check out the other awesome blogs participating in the challenge! Click the image above if you'd like to join us!


3 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of your skill. Painting words without using straight capitals? Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! One of my absolute favorite songs!!

    ReplyDelete