Saturday, July 21, 2012

Blogger Friends Forever: Book Cover



I was so excited for today's challenge! I wanted to do a book cover for so long and finally had an excuse to! I chose The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly because I love love love this cover. I saw it at Hastings and knew I had to add this book to my buy list.


I read this book two summers ago, so I can't remember exactly what it's about. I do remember that I thoroughly enjoyed it and that it has a lot of fairy tale elements to it. I'm definitely going to start rereading it after this :)


I started with four coats of Deborah Lippmann Footloose. I was not a happy camper. A polish has to be pretty special for me to be willing to do three coats, and damn near magical for four. This was neither. And then I got shrinkage! I tried to use a stamp to mimic the vines, but either my stamp or my stamping polish wouldn't work :( I finally gave up and freehanded with acrylic paint and a dotting tool. I also used plate LO01 for the keys. Since my stamping polish wasn't opaque enough, I went over it with acrylic paint and my dotting tool. I did the index nail first before I really knew what I was doing. I eventually got better and the ring and middle are my favorites. Despite all the issues I had, I'm still pretty satisfied with the end result :)


Here are the fabulous bloggers participating in this challenge:
Thiamere of On Beauty Stuff & What Else's
Sally Of Nail Pron

And here's what we have in store! (My week is August 23-25)

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting topic, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting. have to get my hands on the book now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such a pretty cover and a great design for your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look! You must have gotten a bad bottle of Footloose, mine covers great with two coats. :(

    ReplyDelete