Friday, March 23, 2012

Hunger Games!

Remember when I got my Hunger Games Nail Mail? Well I've swatched ten of them here for you! When I first saw swatches, I wasn't really blown away by these colors, but I had to have them all since I love the books so much. A lot of these are kind of what I'd call "grown-up" colors, but I was really surprised by how much I liked the colors I thought would be really boring. I had already used Mahogany Magic and Luxe & Lush but didn't photograph them. I couldn't decide what to layer Luxe & Lush over for this and Mahogany Magic was kinda boring lol.

Fast Track
First up is Fast Track. This shade is super pretty, without being in-your-face flashy. And is covered really well in 2 coats for such a light shade. There's a little bit of stubborn green left in my cuticles from the green I wore before this :/ Sorry about that.


Dress Me Up
This is the type of shade I avoid like the plague. I was SO surprised that I couldn't keep my eyes off of it during class. This covered in one coat I believe.

Foie Gras
 This one covered in one coat. I was on the more favorable side of neutral for me lol. Neutral=meh to me, and this was better than that. I wasn't really wowed though. And 1 coat! That helped pushed it away from meh.

Hook & Line
 I really thought I'd hate this one. To me, the frosty finish wasn't noticeable in real life. Plus, it's a gray, so I loved it a lot. This was 2 coats and I see myself wearing this again and again.

Stone Cold
This one kinda disappointed me. It is such a beautiful polish, and was the easiest matte to apply I've tried yet. My issue with it is that I think it shows off every imperfection in my nails. It's like when you find a gorgeous dress, but on you it just accents all of your least favorite qualities? This is that in polish form. I apologize for the tip wear. I painted my nails for this and the next swatch, then went to bed. Then after I woke up I cooked lunch and then took pics.

Smoke and Ashes
This one was probably the most disappointing :( This isn't super original and I feel like it's not the best version of this. I much prefer Sinful Colors What's Your Name. I wore What's Your Name under my Firework Mani. Before I painted the fireworks I wore it to church and could not stop staring at it. I didn't get that same interest from Smoke and Ashes. Note: I remember one blogger saying this was as difficult to remove as a glitter. I used felt and pure acetone, and it removed like a creme. My felt didn't fray at all.

Agro
 This was 2 coats to even everything. I liked this, despite thinking that I wouldn't. Really pretty, even if somewhat Fall-ish.

Harvest Moon
Gorgeous! This was two easy coats and it was so stinking pretty and shiny! This is one of my favorites of the collection.

Left Hand: Riveting and Electrify

Right Hand: Riveting and Electrify
These are my favorites and this is what I'm wearing to see the movie (tonight at the drive-in!). On my left hand, I used 3 coats of Riveting and then 4 coats of Electrify on my ring finger. The only difference on my right hand is that I did one coat Riveting and 2 coats Electrify on the ring finger. I liked using Riveting as underwear better. This is so bright and pretty! I really love these two! :)

Overall, I'm so so so happy I got this whole collection. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, and they were really really great to apply! I highly recommend most of these. I'd only leave behind Smoke and Ashes, I think. Do you have any of these? How do you like them?

2 comments:

  1. Great swatches! I really like this collection, but I totally agree with you about Smoke and Ashes. I think they could have (and should have) done better for District 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was looking at the old color names and I kinda like them better. Then the black one doesn't have a name I care all that much about.

      Delete